This is the first in a new series where we share favorite cities that we love and hope you plan to visit and enjoy them too!
The City by the Bay is a beautiful city to visit. It’s one of my favorite places and has a ton of things to do. Here is just a sampling:
- Rent a bike and cycle across the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito, you can take the ferry back.
- Wander Chinatown and eat here at least once.
- Coit Tower, climb to the top and watch the sunset.
- Fisherman’s Wharf. Despite all the tourists, it’s worth visiting to see all the sea lions and enjoy Dungeness crab. It’s also the departure point to Alcatraz (which must be booked well in advance if you want to go there).
- The Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park is beautiful.
- Full House fans must make a pilgrimage to the house featured in the TV show.
- The San Francisco Wave Organ is an under the radar attraction, plus it’s free. Go at high tide.
- The Palace of Fine Arts is a great spot for your instagram selfie.
- Ghirardelli Square, I like their hot fudge sundae!
- There are some great sushi bars here, I like the ones with the revolving boats.
- The Tonga Room, I love a good tiki bar and this is a great one!
Some other things to know about San Francisco.
- Sadly, the homeless situation here is pretty bad. Avoid the Tenderloin district where it seems the worst. Don’t leave any bags visible in your car or you have a great chance of having your window bashed in. I have always felt safe here so don’t let this discourage you.
- Some great nearby attractions are Napa and Sonoma Valley, Muir Woods, and Point Reyes National Seashore.
Have a great time on your visit and please comment on some of your favorites. Thanks rk
The Palace of Fine Arts
Sea Lions at Fisherman’s Wharf
2 thoughts on “City Spotlight: San Francisco”
Great post 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person